The Snowboard Stars Program, formerly known as Snowboard Ruggies and Groms, is an introduction to snowboard training and competition in a fun and challenging environment on Killington Mountain.
The Snowboard Stars program focuses on building strong fundamental skills on the diverse terrain at Killington. For riders interested in a more competitive focus, please consider the Snowboard Freestyle or Speed Programs, as both will attend more USASA events throughout the season.
Ages: 6-12 (as of Dec. 31, 2015)
Both One-Day and Two-Day programs for Snowboard Stars are offered
- Provides younger athletes with an introduction to park, half pipe, slalom, giant slalom, and snowboard cross riding, as well as to competition in those areas
- Focuses on fundamental techniques—the basics of jumping, rail sliding, and racing.
- Helps each child to learn about his or her potential, limits, friendships, and sportsmanship in the process of learning a lifelong sport
- Provides an introduction to safety, etiquette and competition arena protocols
- Coaching at two USASA Southern Series events — to be determined.
Program Requirements and information
- USASA Membership is required to compete in the USASA Southern Vermont Series events.
- All programs must be paid in full by the first day of the program. No exceptions will be made without prior arrangements with the program director.
- A helmet is mandatory.
- A mouth guard and back brace are strongly recommended.
- Membership in the Killington Ski Club is required for all KSC/KMS program members. This membership entitles you to full use of the club building, including tuning facilities, as well as participation in KSC-sponsored social activities and other offerings.
- Participation in the KSC/KMS Work Obligation Program is required for all families in the competition programs. This allows us to adequately staff competition events at Killington and provide a quality experience for our athletes in their home events.
- Each athlete must have a Killington Unlimited Season Pass.
- The coaching staff will send weekly emails with logistical details for the upcoming weekend.
One-Day Program fees (Saturday ONLY)
- $920.00 before October 15
- $1,020.00 from October 16 to November 17
- $1,120.00 after November 18
Two-Day Program fees (Saturday and Sunday)
- $1,490.00 before October 15
- $1,590.00 from October 16 to November 17
- $1,690.00 after November 18
Additional coaching fees will apply if Snowboard Stars athletes qualify for and attend the USASA National Championships event.
Please familiarize yourself with our Program Insurance Policy (PIP) as we do not issue refunds. Please familiarize yourself with our mandatory KSC/KMS Work Obligation Program.
Program dates, meeting times, holiday period training & lunch
- Program starts Sunday October 4, with Conditioning programs at Killington Mountain School from 9-12 the following Sundays October 18 and 25 as well as November 1
- On Sunday October 11, at 9 a.m., all athletes will participate in the Columbus Day Weekend Annual Hike to the top of Killington Mountain, followed by refreshment’s and activities at the KMS Open House
- On-snow program starts Saturday, December 12
- Optional November Training with Coaches TBD by Coaches and weather
- No training on Thanksgiving Weekend
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. for One-Day Program and Sunday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. for Two-Day Program
- Holiday Training Camp: Dec .28, 29, and 31 will be half day trainings. There will be full day trainings on December 27 and 30
- February Training Camp: February 13, 14 and 15 as well as 19, 20, 21, and 22, as well as 26, 27, and 28. (One- Day program will have half-day training on Sunday February 14 and Sunday February 21)
- Lunch Time: 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- The program schedule includes 24 and a half days on snow for One-Day Program. Two-Day Program will have 35 and a half days on snow
- All scheduled training and competition is dependent on weather and snow conditions
- The program ends on March 26, 2016
SNOWBOARD STARS REGISTRATION