The Snowboard Stars Program, formerly known as Snowboard Ruggies and Groms, is an introduction to snowboard training and competition in a fun and challenging environment on Killington Mountain.
The Snowboard Stars program focuses on building strong fundamental skills on the diverse terrain at Killington. For riders interested in a more competitive focus, please consider the Freestyle or Fast & Furious Program’s, both will attend more USASA events throughout the season.
Ages: 6-10 (as of Dec. 31, 2014)
- Provides younger athletes with an introduction to park, half pipe, slalom, giant slalom, and snowboard cross riding, as well as to competition in those areas.
- Focuses on fundamental techniques—the basics of jumping, rail sliding, and racing.
- Helps each child to learn about his or her potential, limits, friendships, and sportsmanship in the process of learning a lifelong sport
- Provides an introduction to safety, etiquette and competition arena protocols
- Coaching at two USASA Southern Series events — to be determined.
Program Requirements and information
- USASA Membership is required to compete in the USASA Southern Vermont Series events.
- All programs must be paid in full by the first day of the program. No exceptions will be made without prior arrangements with the program director.
- A helmet is mandatory.
- A mouth guard and back brace are strongly recommended.
- Membership in the Killington Ski Club is required for all KSC/KMS program members. This membership entitles you to full use of the club building, including tuning facilities, as well as participation in KSC-sponsored social activities and other offerings.
- Participation in the KSC/KMS Work Obligation Program is required for all families in the competition programs. This allows us to adequately staff competition events at Killington and provide a quality experience for our athletes in their home events.
- Each athlete must have a Killington Unlimited Season Pass.
- The coaching staff will send weekly emails with logistical details for the upcoming weekend.
- $1,199.00 before October 16
- $1,299.00 from October 17 to November 16
- $1,399.00 after November 17
Additional coaching fees will apply if Snowboard Stars athletes qualify for and attend the USASA National Championships event.
Please familiarize yourself with our Program Insurance Policy (PIP) as we do not issue refunds. Please familiarize yourself with our mandatory KSC/KMS Work Obligation Program.
Program dates, meeting times, holiday period training & lunch
- Program starts Sunday October 5, with Conditioning programs at Killington Mountain School from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.the following Sundays October 5, 19, and 26 as well as November 2.
- On Sunday October 12, at 9 a.m., all athletes will participate in the Columbus Day Weekend Annual Hike to the top of Killington Mountain, followed by refreshment’s and activities at the KMS Open House.
- On-snow program starts Saturday, December 6.
- No training on Thanksgiving Weekend
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Holiday Training Camp: December 27, 28, 29, and 30 with a half day on the 31st
- February Training Camp: February 14, 15 and 16 as well as 20, 21, 22, and 23. No training Feburary 17 and 18
- Lunch Time: 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- The program schedule includes 38 and a half days on-snow.
- All scheduled training and competition is dependent on weather and snow conditions.
- The program ends on March 28, 2015
SNOWBOARD STARS REGISTRATION