Killington Mountain School provides athletes a progressive foundation toward success in Alpine ski racing with academic and non-academic camps, sessions, and season-long programs.
KMS offers Alpine programs for all abilities and ages (6 through 20+, including post-graduate). Beginning with KMS/KSC Development programs, KMS offers weekend and extended training opportunities for developing young, well-rounded athletes allowing them the opportunity to pursue their love of the sport through training and competition. These programs are the primary development pipelines for the Killington Mountain School.
KMS also offers athletes numerous on-snow camp opportunities throughout the United States, South America and Europe to expand their training, skills development, and racing opportunities throughout the year.
Though the KMS BOOST Sessions, athletes in grades 6 through 9 are introduced to the Killington Mountain School academy lifestyle. BOOST program participants train with KMS coaches and work with teachers on their academics, just like the student-athletes enrolled in Three Month, Winter-Term and Full-Term Academy Programs.
With an emphasis on the fundamentals, KMS strives to create an environment that is fun, supportive, and conducive to learning, and one that is tailored to the needs of each participant.
Athlete development in Alpine Programs are offered through the following academic and non-academic programs at Killington Mountain School:
- KMS/KSC Development Programs – weekend and extended training for racers of all ages
- Camps – year-round on-snow camps
- BOOST Sessions –offer grades 6-9 a two-week academy introduction
- Academy Three Month – three-month program for grades 6-8
- Academy Winter-Term – five-month program for grades 7-12
- Academy Full-Term – nine-month program for grades 9-12
- PG Program – ten-month program for athletes who have graduated high school, have strong academic standing, and want to continue to train and compete at a level constant with national team placement/NCAA Division 1 skiing
Our goal at KMS is to provide every student-athlete the skills to achieve his or her full potential in athletics and academics, allowing all to take with them the tools for success in the fields they choose. Our staff brings more than 200 years of combined experience, with more than 40 years at the World Cup level, and more than a dozen years of Olympic and World Championship experience.
Athletic DIrector, Alpine program
802.422.5671 ext. 213